CFA Access Scholarship is a need-based Scholarship program and CFA Awareness Scholarship is Merit and Role Based. The CFA Access Scholarship application period for the year 2017 exams has been closed. The application for the Access Scholarship program is available online. The 2018 CFA Access Scholarship period will open from next year (detailed provided below). Below, we have provided all important information relating to CFA Scholarships like Eligibility, Scholarships for Women and Employees, Scholarship Deadline and Documents to be submitted etc. The scholarship application for the following year opens from August of the current year and ends in mid-September and the results of the same are given on 1st December.
Eligibility Requirements for CFA Access Scholarship:
There are three eligibility requirements in order to apply for CFA Access Scholarship Program. These are provided below:
- A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program
- Four years of professional work experience
- A combination of professional work experience and education that totals at least four years (part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment)
Deadline for CFA Access Scholarship:
The Access Scholarship application period for the 2017 exams are already closed. The 2018 CFA Access Scholarship period will open from 1st March 2017.
CFA Access Scholarship Amount
The scholarship covers the one-time CFA Program enrollment fee (if applicable) and reduces the exam registration fee to $250.
Details & Documents to be submitted to avail CFA Access Scholarship:
One needs to provide the financial details like the income salaries and outgo expenses right from interest to medical expenses.
So provide carefully. Irrespective of your nationality the figures in the financial details are to be entered in USD so beware before your estimation of expenses.
Other things you need to provide is one personal and one professional references. You need to write a Statement of Purpose of around 3000 words which must explain 2 things why do you want to pursue CFA curriculum and why do you need the scholarship for the same.
So frame your essay’s accordingly which must catch the eye of the screener.
Important points to be noted before filing the Access Scholarship Application
- Once you submit your CFA scholarship application, you cannot make any further changes.
- If your financial situation changes, you may withdraw your application from consideration before 1 October of the year in which you applied.
- If you receive a scholarship and register for the exam, you must appear for that exam or else you may be ineligible for future CFA Access Scholarships.
Timeline of Scholarship Program:
First the CFA Institute, US examines the application and then those are passed to the local societies for further due diligence which is done by the Local CFA Society. I don’t think the reference’s are contacted so be rest assured. the game is with the SOP itself where one must be smart.
Personal Statement in CFA Scholarship Application:
You need to write in a personal statement in the Scholarship Application, which need to have the following contents:
- What are your career goals and objectives.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses
- Why are you taking up CFA Course
- How is the CFA Access Scholarship program going to help you.