GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Syllabus (GATE Chemical Engineering Notes PDF and also Books, Chemical Engineering Question Papers) : Download GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus in PDF for the upcoming year updated as per recent official notifications from the Indian Institute of Science. Chemical Engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. The overall GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus for next exam has been officially released recently and we have provided below the updated details on that. With Proper preparation, GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus can be easily taken over to the perfection.
GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus Details
|Syllabus Scope||9 Section|
|GATE Chemical Engineering PDF||Download|
|Preparation Time||765 Hours|
Introduction to GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Chemical Engineering is probably one among the few streams of engineering that has not got the same level of popularity as other flashy departments. Probably Chemical Engineering doesn’t need publicity to increase the scope, as India is the land of billion people.
Even through the Chemical Engineering Syllabus portion in GATE looks very huge and hard to study, once you start reading through few chapters, you will come to an absolute conclusion that GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus is one of the most interesting and easiest of all the papers in entire GATE Syllabus.
GATE Chemical Engineering Question Papers
Below we have provided the exclusive downloads of GATE Chemical Engineering Question Papers. These Chemical Engineering Question Papers have been compressed so that the download will be much faster and it will consume less internet data.
Note that these GATE Chemical Engineering Question Papers has been optimized for viewing on Mobile Devices and Tablets.
Section A: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- Matrix algebra,
- Systems of linear equations,
- Eigen values and eigenvectors.
- Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability,
- Taylor series, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals,
- Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima,
- Gradient, Divergence and Curl,
- Vector identities, Directional derivatives,
- Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes,
- Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- First order equations (linear and nonlinear),
- Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients,
- Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations,
- Initial and boundary value problems,
- Laplace transforms,
- Solutions of one dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.
- Complex number,
- polar form of complex number,
- triangle inequality.
Probability and Statistics
- Definitions of probability and sampling theorems,
- Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation,
- Random variables, Poisson,
- Normal and Binomial distributions,
- Linear regression analysis.
- Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations.
- Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule.
- Single and multi-step methods for numerical solution of differential equations.
Section B: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Process Calculations and Thermodynamics
- Steady and unsteady state mass and energy balances including multiphase, multicomponent, reacting and non-reacting systems.
- Use of tie components;
- recycle, bypass and purge calculations;
- Gibb’s phase rule and degree of freedom analysis.
- First and Second laws of thermodynamics.
- Applications of first law to close and open systems.
- Second law and Entropy.
- Thermodynamic properties of pure substances: Equation of State and residual properties,
- properties of mixtures: partial molar properties,
- fugacity, excess properties and activity coefficients;
- phase equilibria: predicting VLE of systems; chemical reaction equilibrium.
Section C: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations
- Fluid statics, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids,
- shell-balances including differential form of Bernoulli equation and energy balance,
- Macroscopic friction factors, dimensional analysis and similitude,
- flow through pipeline systems, flow meters,
- pumps and compressors, elementary boundary layer theory,
- flow past immersed bodies including packed and fluidized beds,
- Turbulent flow: fluctuating velocity, universal velocity profile and pressure drop.
- Particle size and shape, particle size distribution,
- size reduction and classification of solid particles; free and hindered settling;
- centrifuge and cyclones; thickening and classification, filtration, agitation and mixing;
- conveying of solids.
Section D: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- Steady and unsteady heat conduction, convection and radiation,
- thermal boundary layer and heat transfer coefficients, boiling,
- condensation and evaporation;
- types of heat exchangers and evaporators and their process calculations.
- Design of double pipe,
- shell and tube heat exchangers, and single and multiple effect evaporators.
Section E: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- Fick’s laws, molecular diffusion in fluids, mass transfer coefficients,
- film, penetration and surface renewal theories;
- momentum, heat and mass transfer analogies;
- stage-wise and continuous contacting and stage efficiencies;
- HTU & NTU concepts;
- design and operation of equipment for distillation,
- absorption, leaching, liquid-liquid extraction, drying, humidification,
- dehumidification and adsorption.
Section F: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Theories of reaction rates;
- kinetics of homogeneous reactions, interpretation of kinetic data,
- single and multiple reactions in ideal reactors, non-ideal reactors;
- residence time distribution, single parameter model;
- non-isothermal reactors;
- kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions;
- diffusion effects in catalysis.
Section G: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Instrumentation and Process Control
- Measurement of process variables;
- sensors, transducers and their dynamics, process modeling and linearization,
- transfer functions and dynamic responses of various systems,
- systems with inverse response, process reaction curve,
- controller modes (P,PI, and PID);
- control valves;
- analysis of closed loop systems including stability,
- frequency response, controller tuning,
- cascade and feed forward control.
Section H: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
Plant Design and Economics
- Principles of process economics and cost estimation including depreciation and total annualized cost,
- cost indices, rate of return,
- payback period, discounted cash flow,
- optimization in process design and sizing of chemical engineering equipments such as compressors,
- heat exchangers,
- multistage contactors.
Section I: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- Inorganic chemical industries (sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, chlor-alkali industry),
- fertilizers (Ammonia, Urea, SSP and TSP);
- natural products industries (Pulp and Paper,Sugar, Oil, and Fats);
- petroleum refining and petrochemicals;
- polymerization industries (polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and polyester synthetic fibers).
Also See Syllabus Details of Other Courses like:
Conclusion on GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
It is always said that the wise men words are often neglected. However, we would like to again stress the fact that the Chemical Engineering Syllabus in GATE is one of the most important and crucial things that has to be properly taken care of.
Not just for examination point of view, Chemical Engineering Syllabus in GATE helps you in the overal development to become a good responsible officer who will play a crucial role in the development of the country in the decades to come.
Chemical Engineering can be a good optional if you are extremely brilliant at it but i do have a few problems. Chemical Engineering is going to help in any possible way.
If readers have any further questions on GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus, you can drop us a mail or even post your question below on our comments section.
- 1 GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus Details
- 2 Introduction to GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 3 GATE Chemical Engineering Question Papers
- 4 Section A: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 5 Section B: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 6 Section C: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 7 Section D: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 8 Section E: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 9 Section F: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 10 Section G: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 11 Section H: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 12 Section I: GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus
- 13 Also See Syllabus Details of Other Courses like:
- 14 Conclusion on GATE Chemical Engineering Syllabus