New CPT, CA Final & CA IPCC Syllabus 2017, that is being revised by the ICAI has officially announced the date of its applicability. There has been intense speculation among students as to when will this new revised syllabus of CA IPCC & CA final will come into effect. This also led to serious confusion among students.The new Revised CA Syllabus will not made applicable to old students immediately. The new CA course syllabus has already been approved by the ministry. Get ‘FinApp’ on Android for latest Updates.
Details about New CA Syllabus
|CA Final Syllabus||Download|
Optional Papers in Place of ISCA
Revised CA Syllabus Applicable from 1st July, 2017:
More details on the scheme and what are the consequences for old syllabus students will be available very soon (likely in couple of days).
Latest Update from ICAI President (31th Aug)
As you may be aware, CA profession is undergoing a rapid transformation and CA professionals are producing excellence in a variety of professional fields and spheres challenging the stereotype.
Emerging borderless economies, surge in IT development and resulting complexities, increasing emphasis on CSR, and, above all, increasing strategic importance of CA professionals as complete business solution provider, have all contributed to this transformation.
At ICAI, we are in the final stages of implementing a new scheme of education and training with an objective to prepare more competent, better equipped and more responsible generation of chartered accountants. Nelson Mandela said: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
In line with the relevant International Education Standards of IFAC, this new course curriculum has been designed to benchmark the Indian CA education with the best in the world and make our students and future members of the CA fraternity more competent and multifarious professionals, and enablers of compliance and fiscal discipline.
CA CPT Revised Syllabus
|Paper 1||Principles and Practices of Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2 (Part I)||Mercantile Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper-2 (Part-II)||General English||40 Marks|
|Paper 3||Business Mathematics Logical Reasoning and Statistics||100 Marks|
|Paper 4||Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge||100 Marks|
CA IPCC Revised New Syllabus
|Paper 1||Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||Corporate and Other Laws||100 Marks|
|Paper 3||Cost Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 4A||Direct Tax Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper 4B||Indirect Tax Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 5||Advanced Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 6||Auditing and Assurance||100 Marks|
|Paper 7A||Financial Management||60 Marks|
|Paper 7B||Business Economic Environment||40 Marks|
|Paper 8A||Information Technology||60 Marks|
|Paper 8B||Strategic Management||40 Marks|
CA Final New Revised Syllabus
|Paper 1||Financial Reporting||100 Marks|
|Paper 2||Strategic Financial Management||100 Marks|
|Paper 3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||100 Marks|
|Paper 4A||Corporate Laws||60 Marks|
|Paper 4B||Other Economic Laws||40 Marks|
|Paper 5||Advanced Management Accounting||100 Marks|
|Paper 6A||Financial Services and Capital Markets||50 Marks|
|Paper 6B||Information Systems Control and Audit||50 Marks|
|Paper 7A||Advanced Direct Tax Laws||70 Marks|
|Paper 7B||International Taxation||30 Marks|
|Paper 8B||Advanced Indirect Laws||100 Marks|
Highlights of the New Revised CA Course
- The President of ICAI, M.Devaraja Reddy, announced that the new CA Syllabus has been approved by the Corporate Affiars ministry and yet to be approved by the Law Affairs Ministry.
- Once approved, it is likely to be made applicable from November 2017 exams. Existing students under old syllabus will be chance for few attempts before being converted to the new curriculum.
- Under new syllabus, many changes were brought in all three levels i.e., CPT, IPCC and Final.
- CPT will then be for 400 marks, with two theory and two objective type papers.
- CA IPCC will have 8 subjects. Ethics and Communication part will be removed from Law Paper. Financial Management will then be moved to second group carrying 100 marks.
- CA Final will have a new subject named ‘Capital Markets’ in the Second Group, for 50 Marks sharing the paper with ISCA.
- 1 Details about New CA Syllabus
- 2 Optional Papers in Place of ISCA
- 3 Revised CA Syllabus Applicable from 1st July, 2017:
- 4 Latest Update from ICAI President (31th Aug)
- 5 CA CPT Revised Syllabus
- 6 CA IPCC Revised New Syllabus
- 7 CA Final New Revised Syllabus
- 8 Highlights of the New Revised CA Course