UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019: The Following Article is an Detailed Explanation of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 along with the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Important Dates, UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Application Form, UPSC Civil Services Eligibility criteria, Application Fee and Age Limits and Number of Attempts. In our Previous Articles we already Provided the UPSC Question Papers and Syllabus etc. The official IAS Notification 2019 for Civil Services (Prelims) has released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Generally, The civil services preliminary exam is held in the month of August, but now after a gap of three years, the Union Public Service Commission will be conducting the Prelims examination in the month of June.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Application Form
Aspirants for UPSC civil services like IAS, IPS, IES and other civil services need to fill the Application form online through official website i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in. Eligible candidate should apply online only as there is no other mode to apply. Before going to apply, the applicant must know the instructions carefully by visiting the official website.
Applicants will have to fill all the necessary information and personal details in the application form. Candidates will have to upload the scanned photo and signature, after filling all the personal and educational details in the application form.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||19th Feb 2019|
|Application form availability||19th Feb 2019|
|Last date for Application Submission (online)||18th Mar 2019|
|Prelims Admit card||Last week of May 2019|
|Preliminary Exam date||2nd Jun 2019 (1 Day)|
|Prelims exam result||Aug 2019|
|Main Exam Admit Card||Sep 2019|
|Main Exam Date||20th Sep 2019 (5 Days)|
|Declaration of final result||Jan 2020|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must know the eligibility criteria before going to apply.
- The following eligibility conditions are required to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019.
- Candidate must have Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.
- Candidates are appearing the final year exams can also apply
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Age limit and Number of Attempts
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|General||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 9 Attempts SC/ST= No bar|
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Application Fee
- The application fee for General/Others is Rs.100/-
- The SC/ST/PH Candidates are no need to pay the application fee.
- Candidates have to pay application fee through Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Selection Procedure
- The following stages will be considered for final selection.
- Only main exam & Interview marks will be considered for final selection list.
- Stage-1: Preliminary Exam (Objective type questions -100 Marks)
- Stage-2: Main Exam (Descriptive Type)
- Stage-3: Personal Interview (275 Marks)
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Exam Pattern
- The pattern of preliminary exam is known as CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). There will be 2 papers in the preliminary exam of 2 hours duration for each containing 200 marks for each paper.
- Paper, I will check the applicant’s knowledge on current events, Indian history, Indian national movements, Indian & world geography, Indian polity, economy, social development, environmental ecology, biodiversity etc.
- Paper II will check the applicants’ knowledge on comprehension, interpersonal skills, communication, logical reasoning, analytical ability, decision making, problem-solving, data interpretation, English language etc.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode in duration.
- Each question will be 1/3 Mark penalty for the wrong answer.
|Papers||Details of the question papers||Total Marks||Total Time|
|I||General Studies – This paper will be counted for qualifying to write the Civil Services Mains exam.||200||2 hrs|
|II||Aptitude test (CSAT) – This paper is of qualifying nature, but candidate must score at least 33% marks in this paper. However, marks of this paper are not counted for writing the Mains examination.||200||2 hrs|
There will be total nine papers in the main exam- 2 are of qualifying in nature and the rest 7 are ranking in nature. The qualified applicants of the Main examination will be called for personal interview.
|Paper A||One of the Indian languages from the list selected by the applicants (qualifying)||300|
|Paper B||English (qualifying)||300|
|Paper II||General studies I||250|
|Paper III||General studies II||250|
|Paper IV||General studies III||250|
|Paper V||General studies IV||250|
|Paper VI, VII||2 papers on subjects to be selected by the applicants from the list of optional subjects (250 marks for each paper)||500|
|Sub-total||(of Written Exam)||1750|
The main objective of this test is to assess the applicant’s personal suitability for a particular service. The board of competent will evaluate the applicants on their mental abilities, intellectual skills, social traits & interest in current affairs.
The interview will not only be a strict cross questioning but of a natural conversation. The applicants are expected to have interest in the happening around them in Indian as well as in the world instead of showing their knowledge about the particular academic subject.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Cut Off Marks
Cutoff can be expected as we are giving the cutoff for the previous year
|Category||CS (Pre)||CS (Main)||CS (Final)|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Admit Card
- The admit card will be available on the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates can download the admit card in the pdf format.
- There will separate admit card for all the candidates.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates can take the printout of the same.
- It will be mandatory for all the candidates to take the admit card with them at the exam centre to be eligible to enter the exam hall.
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Result
- The UPSC Civil Services exam result will be released for preliminary and main exams separately.
- The preliminary result will be available in the month of August 2019 and Main exam result will be declared on January 2020.
- Candidates can check their result by the candidate roll no. in PDF format file.
Conclusion – UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019
In the Above Article hope Students Can get the Detailed Explanation of UPSC Civil Services exam 2019 along with the Exam Dates, Application From and Important Dates Regarding the UPSC Civil Services exam etc. If you have any further questions on ‘UPSC Civil Services exam 2019’ editorial, post your question on our comments section below.
- 1 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Application Form
- 2 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Important Dates
- 3 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
- 4 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Age limit and Number of Attempts
- 5 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Application Fee
- 6 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Selection Procedure
- 7 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Exam Pattern
- 8 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Cut Off Marks
- 9 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Admit Card
- 10 UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 – Result
- 11 Conclusion – UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019